Prep Time: 15 mins.
- 8 ounces eggplant, cut crosswise into 1/4-inch thick slices
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (2 ounces)
- 1/2 cup marinara sauce, warmed if desired
- 4 teaspoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- Heat the grill to medium-high. Brush both sides of the eggplant slices with olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Add slices to grill rack. Grill for 3 minutes. Flip the eggplant rounds.
- Top 4 of the slices with the mozzarella cheese. Grill all slices 3 minutes more. Remove from grill rack. Add plain eggplant slices to the cheese-topped slices to make 4 stacks. Top each stack with 2 tablespoons sauce, 1 teaspoon Parmesan, and 1/2 tablespoon basil.
Per serving: Calories 136, Total Fat 11 g, Cholesterol 10 mg, Sodium 379 mg, Carbohydrate 6 g, Fiber 3 g, Protein 5 g, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet