Makes: 6 servings.
Prep: 20 mins.
Cook: 5 mins.
Grill: 10 mins.
- 6 ears white and/or yellow sweet corn
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 cup chopped green, yellow or red tomatoes
- Fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- To prepare, peel back husks; remove corn silk. Strip about half the husks from each ear. Fold husks back around tops of cobs. Tie husk tops with a piece of corn husk or 100 percent cotton kitchen string. In a large kettle or Dutch oven cook corn, covered, in boiling water for 5 minutes. Drain. Grill on rack of uncovered grill directly over medium coals for 10 minutes or until tender, turning several times. (For a gas grill, preheat grill to medium. Prepare as above.)
- To serve, brush ears with butter. Top with tomatoes, basil and feta cheese. Makes 6 servings.
Nutrition facts (Grilled Corn with Green Tomato Salsa):
Servings Per Recipe 6, cal. (kcal) 149, Fat, total (g) 8, chol. (mg) 19, sat. fat (g) 4, carb. (g) 19, Monosaturated fat (g) 2, Polyunsaturated fat (g) 1, fiber (g) 3, sugar (g) 4, pro. (g) 4, vit. A (IU) 632, vit. C (mg) 10, Thiamin (mg) 0, Riboflavin (mg) 0, Niacin (mg) 2, Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg) 0, Folate (µg) 48, sodium (mg) 121, Potassium (mg) 315, calcium (mg) 20, iron (mg) 1, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.