This rustic dish is perfect for entertaining because you can serve it at room temperature or straight from the grill. It also makes a great filling for a vegetarian sandwich. Just spread 1 oz (30 g) herbed cream cheese over a crusty roll or piece of baguette and sandwich the grilled vegetables.
Preparation time: 25 minutes.
Total time : 2-1/4 hours.
Portion size: 10 to 12.
This recipe makes 12 servings.
- 3 large zucchinis, green and/or yellow (1-1/2 lb/675 g)
- 1 large red onion
- 2 sweet peppers, orange and/or yellow
- 4 portobello mushrooms1/4 cup (60 mL) chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) balsamic vinegar
- 3 cloves garlic, grated or pressed
- 2 tsp (10 mL) liquid honey
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) pepper
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) olive oil
- Balsamic Marinade: In bowl, combine vinegar, garlic, honey, salt and pepper; slowly whisk in oil until emulsified.
- Cut each zucchini in half crosswise; cut lengthwise into 1/2-inch (1 cm) thick slices. Place in large dish. Cut onion into 1/2-inch (1 cm) thick rounds; add to dish.
- Core and seed sweet peppers; cut into large chunks and add to dish.
- Remove stems and gills from mushrooms; cut caps into quarters and add to dish.
- Pour marinade over vegetables; cover and let stand at room temperature for 2 hours, tossing occasionally.
- Place vegetables on greased grill over medium-high heat; close lid and grill, basting frequently with marinade, until tender, about 12 minutes. Serve sprinkled with parsley.
|Per each of 12 servings: about||–|
|total fat||7 g|
|sat. fat||1 g|
|dietary fibre||2 g|