- 1 pound asparagus
- 1 T extra-virgin olive oil
- salt/pepper to taste
- about 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat charcoal or gas grill to medium high (you can only hold your hand over it for a few seconds at that heat.)
- Place grill pan on top of grill and heat while you prepare asparagus. Break one piece of asparagus to see where the tough part of the stem starts, then trim ends of asparagus all to that length. Cut asparagus on the diagonal into pieces about 3-4 inches long and place in ziploc bag. Put olive oil into bag and sprinkle in a little salt and pepper, then mix asparagus around in the bag until it’s well coated with olive oil.
- Pour asparagus into grill pan and grill, turning every 2 minutes, until asparagus is getting browned edges and is barely tender-crisp. Cooking time will vary depending on your grill, but I cooked mine about 10 minutes. Serve asparagus hot with freshly grated parmesan sprinkled over.