- 1 bunch asparagus (thick, 24 spears ends trimmed)
- 3 tbsps extra virgin olive oil (divided)
- 14 tsp kosher salt
- 14 tsp black pepper (freshly ground)
- 13 cup feta cheese (crumbled)
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- Preheat grill to high.
- Place asparagus spears in baking dish and toss with 2 tablespoons olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Put asparagus on the grill, making sure spears are perpendicular to grates so they don’t fall through. Set asparagus dish next to grill (do not clean). Cover and cook asparagus for 3-4 minutes, until nicely browned and tender-crisp. Remove asparagus from grill and place back in baking dish. Let cool, then transfer spears to cutting board and cut into 1½” pieces. Place cut asparagus back in dish, then add remaining tablespoon olive oil, feta, lemon zest and lemon juice. Toss gently and season with more salt, pepper and lemon juice to taste. Serve room temperature or cold.