Prep: 10 min.
Cook: 10 min.
Yield: 4 side dish servings.
- 1 Japanese eggplant (small, black, purple or white skinned), cut into 1/4-inch strips, lengthwise
- 1 small zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch slices, lengthwise
- 1 cubanelle (light green) Italian pepper, cut into strips, lengthwise
- 1 small red onion, sliced into thick rings
- 8 medium creminis (baby portobellos), trimmed
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil, for brushing
- Coarse salt and black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme, 4 to 6 sprigs stripped and chopped (1/2 teaspoon (a sprinkle) of dried thyme or dried Italian Seasoning may be substituted)
Preheat grill or grill pan over moderate to high heat. Assemble cut veggies on a platter and as you place them on the grill, brush each side with a little oil. Season vegetables with salt and pepper. Cook until vegetables are just tender, 3 to 5 minutes on each side, depending on the vegetable. Arrange grilled vegetables on a platter and garnish with a generous sprinkle of chopped fresh thyme.