Smoky tender grilled vegetables just bursting with flavor, made pretty with the addition of creamy white goat cheese and luscious avocado! Add any other veggies you like. Asparagus and zucchini are good additions.
PREP: 25 mins.
COOK: 5 mins.
READY IN: 1 hr.
- Original recipe makes 6 servings.
- 6 portobello mushroom caps
- 4 red bell peppers, cored and quartered
- 1 red onion, thickly sliced
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 limes, juiced
- 2 tablespoons grill seasoning
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper, or to taste
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 avocado – peeled, pitted, and cubed
- 1/2 cup crumbled goat cheese
- salt to taste
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh basil
- Place mushrooms, red bell peppers, and red onion in a 9×13-inch baking dish. Whisk olive oil, lime juice, grill seasoning, garlic, and cayenne pepper in a small bowl; pour over vegetables. Toss to coat and allow vegetables to marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat grill for medium heat and lightly oil the grate.
- Remove vegetables from the marinade, and shake off excess. Reserve remaining marinade.
- Grill vegetables on preheated grill until tender, about 5 minutes. Transfer grilled vegetables to a large platter. Whisk remaining marinade with balsamic vinegar; pour over vegetables. Top with avocado and goat cheese, then season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with basil to serve.