Servings: makes 4 servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup salsa verde
- 1/2 cup sour cream (or Greek yogurt)
- 2 avocados
- 1 jalapeno, coarsely chopped (remove seeds for less heat)
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 teaspoon cumin, toasted and ground
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 handful cilantro
- 1/2 lime, juice
- 4 cups cooked shredded chicken
- 2 avocados, diced
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 cups monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 8 (7 inch) tortillas
- Puree the chicken broth, salsa verde, sour cream, avocados, jalapeno, garlic, cumin, salt and pepper, cilantro and lime juice in a blender or food processor.
- Mix the half of the sauce with the chicken, avocado, green onions and half of the cheese.
- Coat the bottom of a large baking dish with some of the sauce, wrap the chicken and avocado mixture in the tortillas and place them in the dish.
- Top the enchiladas with the remaining sauce and cheese and bake in a preheated 350F oven until the cheese has melted and the sides are bubbling, about 15-20 minutes.