Servings # 4.
No of ingredients = 5.
Prep time = 30 Min.
Total time = 30 Min.
- 2 large tomatoes
- 1/3 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat grill. Cut tomatoes in half crosswise. With small spoon, scoop out seeds from seed cavities. Fill cavities with blue cheese. Drizzle tomatoes with oil; sprinkle with basil and Parmesan cheese. Place tomatoes, cut sides up, in disposable foil pie pan or on piece of heavy-duty foil.
- When ready to grill, place pie pan on gas grill over medium heat or on charcoal grill 4 to 6 inches from medium coals. Cook 15 minutes or until tomatoes are thoroughly heated and begin to soften.
To broil tomatoes, place on broiler pan; broil 4 to 6 inches from heat using times above as a guide.
1 Serving (1/4 of Recipe) Calories 110 (Calories from Fat 70), Total Fat 8g (Saturated Fat 3g,), Cholesterol 10mg; Sodium 210mg; Total Carbohydrate 5g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 3g ), Protein 4g; Percent Daily Value*: Exchanges: 1 Vegetable;1/2 High-Fat Meat; 1 Fat; *Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.