Servings: makes 2 sandwiches
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 4 slices bread
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons basil pesto
- 1 ball fresh mozzarella, room temperature, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1 large ripe tomato, room temperature, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat a non-stick pan over medium heat.
- Brush the outside of each slice of bread with oil, spread the pesto on the inside, place the mozzarella on the pesto on of one slice of bread, top with the tomato, season with salt and pepper and finally top the other slice of bread pesto side in.
- Add the sandwich and grill until golden brown and the cheese has melted, about 2-4 minutes per side.