1 serving penne
4 slices bacon (chopped)
1 handful asparagus
1 clove garlic (chopped)
pepper to taste
1 egg yolk
1 tablespoon heavy cream
1/4 cup pecorino romano
1 tablespoon parsley (chopped)
1. Start cooking the penne.
2. Fry the bacon in a pan.
3. Cut the asparagus into penne shaped pieces.
4. Drain most of the fat from the pan but reserve some to cook the asparagus.
5. Add the asparagus, garlic and pepper and toss to coat in the bacon grease.
6. Mix the egg yolk, heavy cream and pecorino romano in a bowl.
7. Drain the cooked pasta reserving some of the water.
8. Add the pasta to the pan and toss.
9. Remove the pan from the heat and wait for the sizzling to stop.
10. Add the egg mixture and toss to coat.
11. Add a bit of the pasta water and toss to mix and coat.